Remote Senior Mortgage Loan Funder needed for a not-for-profit financial institution
**Must live within 40 miles of Kent, WA**
Job ID: 16862
Pay Rate: $23.53 per hour
Location: Kent, WA for 1 - 2 months of training then working remote
Contract: Approximately 6 - 12 months
Do you have a bachelor’s degree or relevant work or educational experience and at least 5 years of mortgage loan experience?
Are you known for your solid ability to work within stringent time constrains while under pressure?
Do you have thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Senior Mortgage Loan Funder role!
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
The Senior Mortgage Loan Funder is responsible for the timely and accurate reviewing, balancing, and closing of a loan file and the ability to complete the closings of more complex loan programs. This person will maintain effective communication and serve as the first point of escalation with escrow, loan production, Loan Officers, and members to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing the closing of the member’s mortgage.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Company Competencies, compliance, regulatory, and Information Protection requirements.
- Audit documents, disburse funds to the escrow agent upon receipt of required documents and authorize recording.
- Manage and process all escrow holdbacks and construction loan disbursement in accordance with the loan terms and company policies.
- Analyze and resolve problems that arise in the mortgage funding process, working with staff and co-workers as needed. Act as first point of contact for questions and escalations from other Mortgage Loan Funder roles.
- Review underwriting conditions and ensure they are either signed off by the underwriter or that the necessary documentation is in the file and acceptable for closing purposes.
- Review and analyze all documentation received and determine acceptability. Log and scan documents into the computer system and indicate when outstanding conditions have been satisfied.
- Train and mentor new Mortgage Loan Funders on department and division processes and procedures. Monitor progress and production of new Mortgage Loan Funders.
- Review closing documents of conventional, FHA, VA, and special loan programs to ensure accuracy and completeness, including: Closing Disclosure, title, DU, flood certification, Insurance Binder and Mortgage Insurance Certificate.
- Complete closing tasks on conventional, FHA, VA, and special loan programs, including clearing all delegated credit and property conditions, receiving executed closing documents from escrow agent, updating realtors and members on file status, uploading post-closing and VLF documents and completing the final evaluation and analysis of file.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met in processing the approved loan application.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a mortgage loan processor, closer or underwriter with an emphasis on conventional and FHA, VA, and special loan programs required, with 2 of the years as a Mortgage Loan Funder.
- Successful completion of courses or seminars relating to mortgage banking processing, and escrow required. Successful completion of courses required to maintain LPO designation preferred.
- Willing and able to commute (no more than 40 miles) to Kent, WA for 1 - 2 months of training before working from home.
- Thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations, agency, and Credit Union requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of closing more complex loans to include construction loans, grant loan programs, USDA loan programs, or any other specialty loan program.
- Thorough knowledge of conventional, FHA, VA and special loan programs and the knowledge necessary to fund and insure FHA and guaranty VA loans.
- General knowledge of all Credit Union departments and how they interact with the Mortgage Secondary Marketing department.
- Ability to work within stringent time constrains and under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Critical/Essential ,Administrative Assistant