Loan Assistant needed for a well-established financial institution in Spokane
Job ID: 16772
Pay: $16 - $17 per hour
Location: Spokane, WA
Contract: Approximately 3 - 4 months
Do you want to work for a company who is growing?
Do you want to work with a friendly, collaborative team?
Are you excited to train for a career in the mortgage industry?
Do you want to work in a high energy and busy office?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Loan Assistant role!
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business. Their commitment extends to housing and community development initiatives, Senior Citizen and Low-Income lending programs, and promoting financial literacy to schools in the communities in which it serves.
In this Loan Assistant role, you will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality service by supporting the mortgage department per our client’s policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines: with special attention paid to communication, compliance, loan quality and timing. Do you succeed in team-based environments? You will complete administrative tasks for a team of processors that support branch loans. This position focuses on the back-office function of loan processing & closing processes in a regionalized processing center with the potential to move into a processing role based on performance. Most importantly, we’re looking for professionals who can thrive in a culture of simply being nice.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize daily workflow to provide optimal service and support
- Apply proper pricing and mitigate risk, while demonstrating good working knowledge of loan processing requirements and guidelines
- Review and understand current Loan Rate Sheet(s) and current program guidelines
- Interpret loan documentation received in files, and makes quality judgments
- Accurately input data into system and other applications as needed
- Meet timelines of necessary disclosures and ensure compliance standards are met
- Provide active leadership through pursuit of continuous improvement in job process communication productivity, and skill development for self and department
- Must be able to pass a soft pull credit check and a criminal background check
- Must be tobacco free
- Previous banking experience is required, mortgage experience preferred
- At least 2 years of office experience with intermediate computer skills can be substituted for previous banking experience
- Mortgage processing and/or title/escrow experience preferred
- Solid computer skills and multitasking abilities
- Proficiency in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Organization and communication skills, with a detail orientated mindset
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Strong communication with Branch Managers throughout the entire loan process; disclosures, required client documentation, credit decision, document preparation, settlement and shipment of loan file to vault in a timely manner
- Able to work independently and in a team-based environment
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Critical/Essential ,Administrative Assistant