Loan Screening Specialist needed for a not-for-profit financial institution
**Must live within 40 miles of Kent, WA**
Job ID: 16940
Pay Rate: $20 - $24 per hour
Location: Kent, WA for training then working remote
Contract: 11 - 12 months
Do you have 2+ years of mortgage sales, processing or underwriting experience along with 3+ years of sales experience?
Do you have strong math skills and are knowledgeable of regulatory mortgage loan compliance?
Can you efficiently work from home?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Loan Screening Specialist role!
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
The Loan Screening Specialist originates mortgages for our client’s members that are looking to purchase homes. This person will interview and pre-qualify members to determine the proper loan program that benefits the member, complete loan application packages including supporting documentation, setting proper expectations with members and real estate agents during the pre-qualification process. The Loan Screening Specialist will expand their mortgage sales opportunities through telephone and internet channels while ensuring an optimal member experience.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with our client’s Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Service, grow and maintain referral relationships with network of realtors, builders and members in association with our client’s member base.
- Complete accurate loan applications into the computerized mortgage system as well as obtain all necessary support documents.
- Pre-qualify members for the identified mortgage program/product and match them with mortgage products that best meet the member’s needs.
- Maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain and apply a thorough understanding of Mortgage Loan Systems including mortgage underwriting, processing, and tracking programs, and our client’s mortgage lending website.
- Ensure loan application data integrity and analyze Automated Underwriting System decisions and findings to properly document files for the underwriters and investor requirements.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with members in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and services, including forms and documentation for each type of loan.
- Serve as the primary contact for all parties involved on each prequalification. Assist members by answering questions and responding to requests in a timely manner throughout the process.
- Partner with Mortgage Fulfillment and Support areas to resolve issues that may arise in the mortgage application and loan approval process.
- Maintain current with all federal and state regulations governing credit union lending, with particular emphasis on rules and regulations governing real property lending on first mortgage loans and secondary emphasis on home equity loans. Maintain current and effectively leverage knowledge of local real estate market developments and trends.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of mortgage sales, processing or underwriting conventional, FHA, VA and jumbo products required.
- Minimum three years of sales experience required. Financial Services/Financial Institution preferred.
- Willing and able to commute (no more than 40 miles) to Kent, WA for training before working from home.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language. Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to evaluate loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Ability to perform complex income analysis, including the ability to analyze complex tax returns, including corporate, partnerships, and sub-s corporations.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a team environment.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
- Capable of working efficiently from home.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Administrative Assistant