Job ID: 23127
Job ID: 23127
$25 - $26
$25 - $26
Seeking a Medical Assistant for a cardiac medical care practice in Seattle, WA. They would like someone to start mid February for a 90 day contract.
Pay Rate: $25.00 – $26.00 per hour based on experience
Location: Seattle, Washington
Employment Type: Contract (Expected to last 90 days)
Schedule: Varies – requires flexibility to work 8-hour shift during practice hours: Mon-Fri 7:00am – 5:00pm (No Weekends)
Enjoy a supportive environment, competitive pay, and find both meaning and purpose in your next role by joining this physician-led healthcare organization dedicated to providing state-of-the-art care to adolescents experiencing heart disease.
This organization has multiple practices throughout Washington. While this role will work at the Tacoma location, the Medical Assistant will occasionally be asked to cover shifts (with notice) at the Olympia, Renton, or Puyallup locations.
The Medical Assistant will handle general MA duties along with patient intake, room turnover, and EKGs + heart monitor set up. Must have at least two years of experience working as an MA and be registered in the state of Washington. Prior experience working in Cardiology is a bonus but not required. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented and focused on accuracy, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Escort patients from lobby to exam rooms
- Take medical histories and record vital signs
- Prepare patients for examination
- Arrange examining room instruments and equipment
- Assist the physician during the examination
- Prepare, clean, and stock exam rooms after each exam
- Communicate with patients to ease nerves, provide explanations of treatment, and answer questions
- Obtain diagnostic data by performing point of care testing/treatments (EKGs, heart monitors, etc)
- Perform clerical duties such as checking patients in and out, filling out disability forms, managing charts and obtaining physician signatures
- Coordinate communications for physicians, patients, insurance companies, and others
- MA diploma is required
- Must be registered as an MA in the State of WA
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Experience working in Cardiology valuable but not required
Benefits Offered by Parker Staffing:
- Paid Sick/Safe Time (based on where allowable by law)
- Medical benefits with multiple plan tiers and Telemedicine access
- 401K with matching contributions
- Holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A background check is required.
Parker Staffing is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Share This Job
I want more
jobs like this in my inbox
Share This Job
Why Parker Staffing?
Founded four decades ago as a local Seattle-based staffing firm, Parker has become a go-to company of choice for Administrative, Customer Service, Contact Center, Non-Clinical Healthcare, Human Resources, Sales, Mortgage, and Banking job opportunities. Over the years, we’ve steadily grown beyond our Seattle roots to place thousands of candidates in contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire needs across the United States.
People are at the heart of what we do, and we’re proud to have been named a “Best Place to Work” by Puget Sound Business Journal for over 11 years in a row. From your virtual interview with our recruiting team to our streamlined onboarding experience and ongoing support, our goal is to deliver a high-touch experience that sets you up for success.
Parker contractors tell us they love our:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Fast, easy onboarding
- Digital paperwork (no printer required!)
- Dedicated support team
Benefits & Perks
As a Parker contractor, you have access to a variety of benefits including medical benefits with multiple plan tiers and telemedicine access, 401k plan with matching contributions, Paid Sick/Safe Time (where allowable by law), and holiday pay. And because we know life happens, we also offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost to you. Additional details about benefits and eligibility criteria are provided during your onboarding with Parker.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.