Administrative Assistant needed for a well-established financial institution
Job ID: 18798
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Location: Onsite in Everett, WA
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Have a high attention to detail and take ownership of projects with a sense of importance? As Administrative Assistant, you'll be a critical member of a collaborative team that sees to the lifecycle of appraisal requests. You'll be responsible for providing high quality service according to Washington Federal policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines: with special attention paid to communication, compliance, loan processing and timeliness. You'll build excellent subject matter expertise and a strong reputation for being a good listener and problem solver.
Come work for an award-winning financial institution that's been voted the "Best Bank" by Money Magazine three years in a row and pride themselves with their no-small-business-left-behind mentality. Our client is just as invested in their employees as well, with career development programs and a "promote from within" policy.
Kickstart your career with us and let's begin this journey together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the bank’s lending associates to identify and define the scope of work necessary to produce credible and compliant appraisal results for one-to-four family residential properties, including the selection and engagement of valuation professionals to complete each assignment.
- Monitor the appraisal management system queues in order to ensure the prompt delivery of completed appraisal services and client communications.
- Communicate appraisal revision requests to appraisers as requested by underwriters, lending partners, and teammates.
- Coordinate and problem solve issues that arise during the appraisal delivery/procurement process. Communicate proposed solutions and resolutions to all parties, including appraisers and production staff.
- Provide administrative support to Appraisal Review team by set-up, log-in, and assignment of appraisal and review requests.
- Document the LOS conversation log with appraisal order status.
- Qualify external third-party appraisers for approved appraiser list, and maintain current appraiser documentation of approved appraisers.
- In conjunction with the Residential Appraisal Review Manager, manage the appraisal vendor(s) to achieve highest quality service, timing, communications, reporting, and overall production.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with lending staff; provide information, training and assistance, as needed.
- Ensure that appraiser independence is protected at all times. Act as the liaison between production (loan officers, processors, and other staff) and the appraiser, as required.
- Educational requirements include high school diploma or higher. Knowledge of single-family appraisal, including familiarity with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and federal Appraiser Independence Requirements (AIR) preferred. Two years of experience in an office setting required.
- Real Estate experience is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, highly motivated, organized, dependable, work well under pressure, and be able to manage workload effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be accurate in completing responsibilities, with strong attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that will enable service level commitments to be achieved while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service and maintain client relationships, both internally and externally.
- Enjoy a flexible, fast-paced and multi-task-oriented work environment. Must be able to adapt quickly to change and to significant swings in appraisal volume.
- Familiarity with office procedures and equipment, including personal computer and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Accurate typing – 40 WPM. Microsoft Office experience required.
- Hours: Monday through Friday – 8 hours/day and overtime as required.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, climbing, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.