Executive Assistant needed for local tourism board
Job ID: 19645
Pay Rate: $19-20.00.00/hour DOE
Location: Remote, WA
Employment Type: Contract, approximately 5 months, full-time
Administrative professionals are so vital to keeping a company running smoothly that there is even a National holiday to celebrate their incredible flexibility and ever-evolving role each year! As you swim through an endless sea of Administrator jobs, you realize it's all about where you work and we realize that too.
Our client is devoted to the city it serves through various departments hosting local activities, planning city council meetings, and maintaining the city parks. Their dedication shows, as they've helped to achieve many awards and recognitions such as Best Small Cities in America, Best Places to Live in Washington, and coming out as #1 Happiest Town in Washington.
As Executive Assistant, you'll provide confidential executive level administrative support for the Executive Director and senior level executives. Your priority will be to handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks with a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meeting Planning - coordinate dates and availabilities for meetings, provide meeting notices and information packets, coordinate venues/meals/refreshments, record and distribute minutes
- Act as temporary secretary for the board, scheduling and running virtual and in person meetings, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes
- Maintain appointment schedule for Executive Director and senior staff and meeting requests both internally and externally
- Assist in planning and execution of meetings and events
- Ensure that the Executive Director and senior level executives have all necessary information and materials for meetings, speaking engagements, travel, and events
- Coordinate attendance of key events and functions, including but not limited to the Board of Directors, committees and various industry functions
- Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the behalf of senior staff. Draft, edits and formats documents, handbooks, policies, memos of understanding and requests for proposal as needed
- Research and reporting on industry and related issues as needed
- Execute special projects as assigned by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Organize and maintain the file systems, records and other documents with regular updates of shared office files. Organize essential electronic and hard copy files according to staff needs and ease; ensure that all needed files are present and are continually updated throughout the year.
- Assist senior staff in administration and reporting of financial data, invoicing, financial matching and reporting requirements, as needed.
- Assist Executive Director with confidential filings, policy management and updates, HR operation and compliance.
- Maintain and manage member databases, including complete member history and updating contact info
- Communicate with members via email and phone
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Strong attention to detail
- Initiative. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality in a wide variety of internal and public situations
- Language Skills and Communication Skills. Excellent interpersonal, writing and communications skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Physical Demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- Level of Education or Experience. Two or four-year degree in business or related field, 5-10 years of related experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the requirements
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.