Administrative Assistant needed for a non-profit organization in Seattle
Job ID: 16909
Pay Rate: $18 per hour
Location: Seattle, WA
Contract To Hire
Do you have at least 2 years of experience working in an office environment and answering multi-line phones?
Are you known for your strong adaptability, solid attention to detail skills, and for being dependable?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and time-sensitive projects?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Administrative Assistant role!
The Administrative Assistant must be an experienced support person who is an organized, efficient, accurate self-starter, able to run an office with little supervision. This role is responsible for numerous administrative tasks, and will work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment while ensuring excellent customer service and staff relations. The Admin Assistant ensures the business phones and front office are covered, and the office is run efficiently, effectively, and courteously. This role compiles rough data and produces accurate reports, creates mail merges, imports/exports data, and generates reports from Excel, Word, and Adobe.
- Answer business office telephones efficiently and courteously. Direct callers and visitors to the appropriate staff person.
- Provide general administrative duties for agency staff, including word processing, filing, faxing, photocopying, and setting up for meetings and trainings, etc.
- Assist others in proper use of office equipment.
- Ensure agency forms and stock of personnel files are available and up to date. Label mailboxes and files as needed.
- Order all office supplies. Work with vendors to obtain product or service information, i.e., price, availability, and delivery schedule (e.g., coffee vendor).
- Use reliable transportation (as needed) to run errands, buy supplies, assist with event coordination, etc.
- Provide administrative support at all locations.
- Open, date stamp, and distribute incoming mail, endorsing checks immediately. Post all outgoing mail, charging postage to appropriate department.
- Bank Deposits: Match checks to correct invoices or determine reason for check, then prepare deposit summaries for Accountant and make the bank deposit one to two times per week or, in the case of large checks, whenever needed.
- Contact service contractors, building management, or other agency support for repair and maintenance of the office environment or equipment.
- Produce/mail invoices and purchase orders as requested, file paid invoices weekly and set up/distribute kitchen calendar monthly.
- Meeting coordination, travel reservations, and meal ordering.
- Respond to internal and external requests for brochures, business cards, and other promotional materials. Record what has been sent out in on-line ledger.
- Send out information as requested by staff.
- Ensure front office and copier area are neat and tidy, supplies are organized, and confidential areas and cash drawers are locked.
- Assist with annual storage move and document shredding. Help with office organization of files, supplies, etc.
- Contribute to and maintain up-to-date procedural notebook.
- Water plants in front office and pick up kitchen upon arrival.
- Provide administrative support to Accounting and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience answering multi-line phones plus 2-3 years of experience working in an office environment - preferably a private, non-profit organization.
- Excellent typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook.
- Adaptable; able to work with multiple personalities, to be flexible with changing priorities, and to be comfortable working with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving; mailroom or USPS background desired
- Proven history of dependability and reliability.
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, while maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Must have reliable transportation and excellent attendance.
- Able to comply with agency confidentiality guidelines.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Receptionist,Administrative Assistant