Remote Senior Underwriter needed for a financial institution
**Must live within 40 miles of Lynnwood, WA**
Job ID: 16887
Pay Rate: $39.23 - $45.00 per hour
Location: Lynnwood, WA (Remote)
Contract To Hire
Do you have at least 1-2 years of loan processing experience and at least 1 year of mortgage underwriting experience?
Are you known for your problem solving, researching, decision making skills, and your ability to accept responsibility?
Can you efficiently work from home?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Senior Underwriter role!
Our client is a financial institution that has been serving the West Coast for nearly 100 years, providing mortgage lending and loans for residential construction and commercial real estate financing, investment, and insurance products and services.
- Complete a thorough analysis of entire loan package to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
- Provide training for Loan Officers, when needed.
- Be available to Production and Processing staff for interpretations and questions in general or for specific loan files.
- Thorough knowledge of reviewing Residential appraisals.
- Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of all company, investor, correspondent programs and requirements.
- Ability to calculate qualifying income including analyzing tax returns and financial statements.
- Assume additional duties as they arise, cross-train within the department, and be responsive to the department.
- Minimum 1-2 years of loan processing experience.
- At least 1 year of mortgage underwriting experience.
- Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility, and handle confidential information.
- Good at problem solving, researching, and decision making.
- Willing to work overtime when needed, to maintain an acceptable response time to our production staff as outlined by manager.
- Excellent communication skills by phone, personal contact, and written.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently, and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationship with manager, co-workers, branches, home office departments, correspondents, and brokers.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Professional in standards, skills, and manner of dealing with others.
- Able to accept and facilitate change whether indicated by corporate needs, market, or regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of personal computers is helpful.
- Capable of working efficiently from home.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contract To Hire, Remote Job
Category: Other Area(s)