French Text Specialist needed for upcoming Nintendo titles
**Must live within 50 miles of Redmond, WA**
Job ID: 19568
Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
Employment Type: Contract
We see you--that diehard, 200 hours plus, speedrunning, Powner gaming genius. You live, breathe, and literally dream Nintendo games and your Switch is your best (digital) friend. You love breaking gameplay down on Reddit or game forums. You're a champion beta tester and you may have used your Easter Egg spotting eyes to find bilingual text errors.
Well now you can turn that gamer love into a career and work where it all started! Nintendo is the home of the almighty Switch, the world of Wii, and the classic SNES. Their titles are known worldwide as some of the most beloved games on the planet. And Parker Staffing is hiring French Text Specialists to create inclusive products for the next generation of video games!
What would make you an ideal candidate?
We're looking for candidates with strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently interpret in-game text files. You must be able to demonstrate fluency in English and French. You will be the translation subject matter expert, leading by example through mentoring associate text specialists and communication of critical feedback to the developers in a way that sparks collaboration.
- Accurately translates, reviews, proofreads and edits in-game text and text files for context, grammar and punctuation issues
- Assists coordinators and teams during debug text-check process when assigned
- Interacts with other departments to discuss text bugs and related issues
- May approve or provide advice for context-related bugs in MCAT bug logs
- Provides or reviews translations, context, guidelines and conventions, sometimes in a technical nature
- May oversee proofing of manuals and other publications
- Follows compliance with strict Nintendo confidentiality and hardware/software security policies
- Provides critical analysis and feedback in a clear and concise way
- Mentors associate text specialists and testers regarding bug write-ups and text issues
- Delegates tasks to team members when functioning in a backup role
- Initiates and participates in team-improvement processes
What experience is needed?
- One to three years of related experience
- Fluent in English/French with strong bilingual oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Nintendo hardware terminology and error messages
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Ability to handle several projects at different stages of development
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function and excel in a highly confidential environment
- Ability to maintain high quality results under tight deadlines
- PC skills (Microsoft Office products and browser-based software preferred)
- A dedicated workspace that is free of distraction and background noise.
- High-speed internet (no cell phone hotspots)
All applicants are subject to background check and drug screen.
In addition, candidates must be able to pick up their equipment onsite in Redmond, WA and attend all days (which cover Monday-Friday) of the paid 2 to 3 weeks of training that kicks off this assignment.
The Consumer Service Department is open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, seven days a week. To be considered, candidates must be available to work any full time (32-40 hours per week) schedule within these business hours. The exact schedule you'll work following training may vary each week with shifts including the morning (starting at 6 am), the weekend (Saturday/Sunday), and closing (ending at 7 pm), so candidates must be able to accommodate a fluctuating schedule. Holiday coverage will also be required (NOA is only closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
Nintendo associates are also required to take a mandatory eight-week break-in service after a maximum of 48 consecutive weeks on the job before they are eligible to return for another up to 48-week period. Actual break dates can be any time between the start of your assignment and this maximum 48-week date.
Parker Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.