HIRING IMMEDIATELY Magic the Gathering Expert needed
Job ID: 18497
Location: Seattle, WA (On-site)
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Available Schedules: First, Second, and Third shifts, must be able to work weekends
Come, my fellow scimitar-wielding Drizzt Do'Urden fans. You have been summoned from the Forgotten Realms for the quest of all quests. Is thou bewitched with zeal upon first glance of such prized possession: a horde of Magic the Gathering playing cards? If you embody the spirit of Finder Wyvernspur, join our brethren on this critical journey as their Valiant Magic the Gathering Expert to rectify Magic cards upon retrieval and preserve such treasury. Who knows, you may cross paths with the illusive Black Lotus.
Our client is a family-owned business that has grown into one of the world’s best retailers in their field with two brick and mortar locations in the Seattle area. In addition to their status as Chief Wizards of All Things Playing Cards, they offer brews, boards, and merriment to help pass the pandemic time. They pride themselves on providing great customer service, the fastest shipping in the business, but most of all, they're committed to going the extra mile.
This is an awesome entry-level role into the industry and we highly encourage candidates with background in retail, grocery, food service, light industrial, and sales. If you think your skills would transfer to this position, please apply!
Your Daily Quests:
- Work can be monotonous (doing the same thing repetitively every day) and challenging (every order is different).
- New Graders will process between 1,500 to 2,000 cards per day; experienced Graders will process about 3,000 cards per day.
- Current schedule includes weekend work.
- Periodic required overtime, normally near release events.
- Receives and unpacks cards that a customer is selling, which sometimes requires special handling.
- Validates the physical cards against sell order in the selling inventory management system checking for both quantity and correct editions of cards.
- Grades cards following established standards (i.e. wear, marks, damage, & forgery).
- Update card grade in selling inventory management system as necessary.
- Finalize sell order in the selling inventory management system.
- Place purchased cards in boxes by grade.
- At the end of the day move purchased cards to the inventory area.
- Respond to customer notes that have been included in the sell order or if there is an issue with cards being sold that will impact the sell order.
- Prepare sell returns for shipment and take to shipping area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Ranking Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a strong attention to detail, especially with visual acuity.
- Ability to consistently work in a repetitive environment.
- Have a strong aptitude for learning with the ability to makes mistakes, learn and not dwell on them.
- Strong general computer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proficient 10-key skills.
- Be able to work in a sedentary role.
- Possess a good understanding of collector gaming cards and have the ability to work in an isolated environment.
- Professional and positive manner when working with clients (internal and external).
- Problem solving comes naturally to you and you create solutions.
- Have a genuine interest in gaming and creative play, Magic: the Gathering card collecting a plus.
- Possess self-competitive qualities.
- Previous experience with electronic inventory management systems.
- Knowledge of Magic The Gathering edition differences.
COVID Note: This is an onsite role, so our client has implemented the following COVID protocols for your safety:
- Social distanced workstations
- Temperature checks upon arrival
- Facemasks required
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.