Medical Assistant needed for award-winning health system in Winchester
Job ID: 19296
Pay Rate: $20-25.00/hour DOE
Location: Winchester, MA (Onsite)
Position Type: Contract-to-hire
You chose to become a Medical Assistant for a reason—to help deliver care that changes lives. And we know that where you work matters.
Our client is a one of the most respected health systems in Massachusetts. Dedicated to doing things differently, they’ve been recognized across their vast network of teaching hospitals, premier hospitals, specialty, and urgent care centers, and more. You’ll learn alongside clinicians whose groundbreaking work pushes the boundaries of healthcare every day. They also believe in giving back, and throughout COVID-19 they’ve been committed to making a difference on the ground, as well as awarding more than $400,000 in grants to local community organizations that combat food insecurity and housing stability.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll collaborate with a clinical care team to assist in the delivery of high-quality and safe clinical care by performing clerical and clinical duties that support the clinical workflow. This position is a key contributor to enhancing patient satisfaction and provider efficiency. It will focus on tasks such as: daily needs and schedule coordination, preparing for patient appointments, keeping a smooth flow of visits, liaising with patients, ensuring proper supply levels, and more.
WHAT WOULD I DO?
- Provide safe patient care by demonstrating organizational skills that maintain and coordinate safe delivery of quality care for assigned patients/families
- Participate in a culturally competent plan of care that identifies patient problems, expected outcomes, and addresses preventative measures.
- Deliver care that is specific to the age of the patient.
- Care for patients as delegated by the provider, RN, or LPN within scope of practice and competence.
- Contribute information provided by the patient or family for the assessment of health status.
- Evaluate outcomes of interventions within their scope and follows directions on a modified plan of care.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Knowledge of EPIC a plus!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant program or has obtained a Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA) required
- Certification required upon hire and maintained if not a graduate of an accredited medical assistant program
- Ability to achieve and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association, according to departmental standards
- Certification and/or Professional License (C.N.A. or M.A., BLS / CPR)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Card
- Physical within the last year
- PPD/TB Test within the past 90 days of start date (Skin, T-spot or QuantiFERON is accepted)
- Hep B Vaccination Series
- MRRV Vaccination (Mumps, Rubella, Rubeola, Varicella)
- Flu Vaccination (Required from 10/01 to 03/31 - Annual Updates)
- COVID-19 Vaccination
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Healthcare, Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources across the nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Non-Clinical Healthcare