Mortgage Loan Funder needed for a financial institution in Kent
Job ID: 18962
Pay Rate: Up to $24.00 per hour (DOE)
Location: Kent, WA
Contract: Approximately 5months
Do you have an Associate’s Degree or relevant work or educational experience and at least 2 years of mortgage loan experience?
Are you known for your solid ability to work within stringent time constrains and while under pressure?
Do you have thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices?
If so, we want to talk to YOU about this Mortgage Loan Funder role!
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
The Mortgage Loan Funder is responsible for the timely and accurate reviewing, balancing, and closing of a loan file. This role will maintain effective communication with escrow, loan production, Loan Officers, and members to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing the closing of the member’s mortgage. The Mortgage Loan Funder is responsible for file review and validation of data, as well as the collection and evaluation of all documentation required. This role will review conditions ensuring that the loan meets the eligibility and underwriting guidelines and that all conditions for closing are met.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Company Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Audit documents, disburse funds to the escrow agent upon receipt of required documents, and authorize recording.
- Analyze and resolve problems that arise in the mortgage funding process, working with staff and co-workers as needed.
- Review underwriting conditions and ensure they are either signed off by the underwriter or that the necessary documentation is in the file and acceptable for closing purposes.
- Review and analyze all documentation received and determine acceptability. Log and scan documents into the computer system and indicate when outstanding conditions have been satisfied.
- Review closing documents of conventional mortgage loans to ensure accuracy and completeness, including: Closing Disclosure, title, flood certification, Insurance Binder and Mortgage Insurance Certificate.
- Perform necessary tasks if any changes are made to the loan, such as re-running the DU and ensuring the file is still in compliance with final approval conditions.
- Complete closing tasks, including clearing all delegated credit and property conditions, receiving executed closing documents from escrow agent, updating realtors and members on file status, uploading post-closing and VLF documents and completing the final evaluation and analysis of file.
- Clear all delegated credit and property conditions.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met in processing the approved loan application.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Successful completion of courses or seminars relating to mortgage banking processing, and escrow required. Successful completion of courses required to maintain LPO designation preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a mortgage loan funder, closer, processor, or underwriter with an emphasis on conventional loan products required.
- Thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations, agency, and Credit Union requirements.
- Working knowledge of conventional, FHA, VA and special loan programs and the knowledge necessary to fund and insure FHA and guaranty VA loans.
- Ability to work within stringent time constrains and under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at https://jobs.parkerstaffing.com/ to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Mortgage & Banking