Mortgage Loan Processor needed for a respected non-profit financial institution
Job ID: 19293
Pay Rate: $24-26 per hour
Location: Onsite in Kent, WA
Contract: Approximately one year
For homebuyers, the financial journey is unique in a stressed-but-thrilled-but-impatient kind of way. To say the least, this economy has challenged us all and this is where you come in. As the Mortgage Loan Processor, you'll thrive in the fast-paced, information-processing environment while encouraging team accountability and timeliness with an optimistic attitude. The overall goal of the role is to ensure higher compliance with regulations and improved member satisfaction due to more-timely loan processing.
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
Don't wait to apply for this fulfilling career opportunity with a company that actually cares!
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information protection requirements.
- Have a thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations, agency and Credit Union requirements.
- Have a thorough knowledge of conventional and special mortgage loan programs and the knowledge of the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval.
- Review Desktop Underwriter red flags, verification messages, approval conditions or underwriter conditions. Set up file on loan origination system. Verify the accuracy and integrity of all loan data entered into the system including but not limited to names, addresses, government monitoring information, loan information (i.e. loan amount, interest, terms, lock-in expiration dates, etc.).
- Review and analyze all documentation received to determine acceptability. Log documents into the computer system, indicate when condition is satisfied and update as required.
- Employ prudent judgment to the process while validating loans utilizing the Desktop Underwriter , or other manually underwritten guidelines. Verify income and assets as required in the AUS, verification messages or Credit Union policy. Review credit report as needed to address any inconsistencies identified in the Desktop Underwriter findings.
- Review appraisals to ensure that the required level of appraisal fieldwork has been completed, that they are of professional quality and are prepared in a way that is consistent with Fannie Mae requirements or other company guidelines. If they are not then work with the appraisal company to address and have appraisal updated. Update valuation in the 1003 and rerun AUS if needed, or submit file to underwriting for consideration.
- Review flood certification to determine if property is in flood zone. If it is then take necessary action as required to ensure eligibility.
- Complete a final evaluation and analysis of the completed loan file and either approve within delegated authority or send the electronic file for underwriting approval.
- Process the approved and rejected files by communicating oral and underwriting decisions and conditions to the Loan Officer or members, as required.
- Ensure HMDA and company regulatory requirements are met in processing the approved, withdrawn, cancelled, and rejected loan application.
- Maintain knowledge of updated manuals of all new policies or modifications to the guidelines and standards of the company, investors, and private mortgage insurers.
- Meet all lock in dates and pricing requirements or process requests for extensions to the applicant's commitments in accordance with Credit Union policy.
- Have a general knowledge of all Credit Union departments and how they interact with the Mortgage Lending Operations department.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of experience in all aspects of mortgage lending required.
- Successful completion of courses or seminars relating to mortgage banking processing.
- Experience in processing FHA and VA Mortgage loans preferred.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to manually prepare closing papers, including the preparation of Reg.-Z Truth in lending statement.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at https://jobs.parkerstaffing.com/ to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Mortgage & Banking