Patient Services Representative needed for a respected healthcare provider in Bothell, WA
Job ID: 18871
Pay Rate: $18-21.00 per hour (DOE)
Location: Bothell, WA
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
**In compliance with the Department of Health and CDC recommendations, the COVID-19 Vaccination & proof of vaccination are mandatory. Masks required to be work for the duration of shift - other PPE will be provided onsite.
You became interested in the healthcare industry for a reason—to help deliver care that changes lives. And we know that WHERE you work matters.
Your involvement in the healthcare industry speaks wonders to your level of care! As the Patient Services Representative, you'll plays an essential role in the patient care process by making initial phone contact with patients. In a high call volume setting, this role provides patients with information, helps schedule appointments, and assists with other operation support services. It's often a first point of contact for patients, so ensuring you provide high-quality customer service and capture patient data accurately will help care teams deliver a positive patient experience. If you resonate with that, and pride yourself on your patience and compassion, then we want to speak with you!
Our client is an award-winning healthcare provider that's been ranked in America's 50 Top Hospitals for three years running and with one goal: to work as one team! They pledge to provide the finest patient care possible by working together, asking only the best and brightest to join their team and committing themselves to lifelong learning and research. And now you have an opportunity to learn and collaborate alongside their diverse teams of expert clinicians and staff.
Candidates with experience in call center or appointment-setting environments are strongly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitates incoming and outgoing communication in a high call volume setting, provides clarification and education to, as well as research of, patient billing concerns and complaints.
- Pre-registration of new patients and verification of registration for established patients
- Schedules routine and complex primary care and specialty appointments
- Obtains and verifies insurance eligibility with benefits and obtain referrals authorizations for routine orders
- Addresses broad range of inquiries covering items such as insurance regulation and processing protocols, charge coding discrepancies, benefit interpretation and adjudication.
- Provides financial counseling both in advance and post receipt of services.
- Assists with reimbursement for under or un-insured individuals (including uncompensated care).
- Collects on private receivables and may participate in collection agency processes (ie: court appearances)
- Acts as resource to Medical Center for organizational, state, federal and commercial reimbursement procedures and policies as they may pertain to individual patient situations.
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Two (2)+ years of customer service experience is required.
- Experience in Healthcare or Insurance industry is a plus.
- Verbal and written skills with an emphasis on organization and attention to detail.
- Problem solve and multitask while placing the customer experience high on your priority.
- Knowledge of insurance concepts will help you succeed.
- Call center experience is a plus; telephone skills will include transfer, conference, placing a patient on hold, etc.)
- A positive attitude!! Lead with your heart and serve with compassion. Your patients need to hear it and your team will admire you for it.
- Bonus points if you have medical coding experience!!
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.