HIRING ASAP Portuguese-speaking Game Testers sought for upcoming titles with Nintendo
**Must currently live within reasonable commute distance of Redmond, WA. No relocation is offered.)**
Position type: Long-term contract
Location: Onsite in Redmond, WA
Schedule: 9am-6:15pm Mon-Thurs, 9am-3:30pm Friday, with flexibility for changes based on the project. Overtime may be available.
We see you--that diehard gamer trying to find every Easter Egg and spot every glitch just for bragging rights. You live and breathe Nintendo games and your Switch is your best (digital) friend. You love breaking gameplay down on Reddit or game forums. You're a champion beta tester and may have even done some official game testing.
Well now you can turn that love of gaming into a career and work where it all started! Nintendo is the home of the almighty Switch, the world of Wii, and the classic SNES. Their titles are known worldwide as some of the most beloved games on the planet. And Parker Staffing is hiring Game Testers to help test the next generation of video games!
What would make you an ideal candidate?
We're looking for candidates with strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently surface and reproduce bugs. You must be able to demonstrate fluency in English. Game Testers have to review both systems and all in-game text, as well as write bug reports, so just being a strong gamer isn't enough. You need to be able to communicate your findings to the developers using excellent writing skills and break bugs down intro reproduceable steps. You should also be a strong collaborator who takes initiative when you see problems to develop potential solutions.
- Maintain a basic understanding of methods and processes used in software-testing practices
- Identify programming errors and anomalies
- Write reports that describe anomalies in a clear and consistently documented manner
- Execute test-plan assignments
- Evaluate product/whitepaper testing
- Assist with proofreading manuals and other publications
- May conduct product demonstrations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate independently or as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to a year of testing experience - previous beta testing experience or black box/white box testing preferred
- Written and verbal fluency in Portuguese and English
- Knowledge of Nintendo and competitor products
- Strong gameplay skills
- Detail oriented and creative, with a questioning mind
- Good oral- and written-communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to function in a highly-confidential environment
- PC skills (Microsoft Office products and browser-based software preferred)
- Candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Open to working overtime hours during the week, between 4:30pm-8:00pm, on an infrequent basis.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Parker Staffing offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Game Tester