Recruiting Manager needed for an legal powerhouse
Job ID: 19788
Pay Rate: $80-110,000 annually (DOE)
Location: Remote, MUST reside in Seattle, Austin, Dallas/Austin, Boise,
or Washington D.C.
Employment Type: Direct Hire, start date November 30th, Full benefits program
Your involvement in the recruiting industry has given you the upper hand because people see you as a resource and the person to call when they need good career advice. We’re looking for someone with exceptional communication skills who is also highly organized, with good sourcing skills (Boolean is your second language, right?), a strong sense of urgency, excellent networking abilities, ability to hit deadlines, and consistent follow-through. If this is you, than we want to talk to you about this Recruiting Manager role!
Fueled by longtime high-tech client, our client is one of the largest law firms in the Northwest. Founded in 1912, the firm has more than 650 lawyers specializing in such areas as antitrust and trade regulation, intellectual property, and labor and employment. The firm's clients include individuals, government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations, as well as international companies. They have also been named one of the country's "100 Best Places to Work For" by Fortune for nearly two decades. By focusing on outstanding client service, superior legal work and generous pro bono and community involvement opportunities, we're dedicated to providing an atmosphere that encourages employees to pursue their definition of success--both inside and outside the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess staffing needs by obtaining necessary information from managers/supervisors to effectively recruit for open staff positions.
- Determine the best method of sourcing candidates (Ad, agency, website, referral, etc.). Target sources that support the departmental recruiting strategy.
- Keep hiring managers/supervisors fully apprised on the status of the recruiting process.
- Review resumes, selecting the most qualified applicants, matching position requirements with the applicants' skills and abilities.
- Interview selected applicants, evaluate candidate skill set and make hiring recommendations to managers/supervisors.
- Oversee reference check process, coordinate interview schedules and candidate testing.
- Act as a centralized information source regarding staff hires, job changes, promotions, and general recruiting information.
- Negotiate and recommend employment offers by partnering with staff recruiting manager and hiring manager. Present the offer and prepare the offer letter.
- Educate and inform new staff hires regarding firm policies, procedures, and general information during New Employee Orientation.
- Ensure compliance, maintain metrics and applicant information as it relates to OFCCP regulations.
- Establish and maintain external relations ships with recruiting sources in support of the firm’s diversity recruiting efforts.
- Serve in a senior recruiter capacity providing mentorship to staff recruiting team as needed. This position may also formally supervise staff according to firm needs.
- Consult with and advise hiring managers regarding department organization and internal equity as it relates to open requisition.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the firm's operations and key business drivers and recruiting's impact on the organization
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and as needed in the job position, consistent with the Firm's attendance expectations.
Experience, Education, & Qualifications
- Requires a BA degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field and a minimum of 5 years full-cycle recruiting experience in a corporate setting, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with State and Federal employment laws relevant to the staffing process.
- Professional services recruiting experience preferred, legal recruiting experience beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of applicant tracking systems.
- Standard HR database skills. Familiarity with the professional services arena.
- Fluent in MS Office applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of firm personnel and recognize the need for urgency.
- Ability to interpret and assess client needs and effectively apply those requirements to the recruiting process.
- Knowledge and experience in all sourcing techniques including job boards, ad response, internet search engines, networking sites, referrals and headhunting.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects while maintaining attention to detail.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to obtain necessary information from candidates through standard interviewing procedures and assess quality and fit.
- Must be extremely organized, flexible and creative, possess strong problem-solving skills and able to work with little direction.
- Must have excellent time management skills, consistent follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to advise high level management, offer ideas and recommend strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to long-range firm goals.
- Ability to quickly understand an organization's business structure and processes.
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at https://jobs.parkerstaffing.com/ to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.