Revenue Cycle Analyst needed for a Healthcare Network in Burlington, MA
Job ID: 18909
Pay Rate: DOE
Location: Burlington, MA (On-site)
Contract: About 3 months
Are you an Epic Resolute HB and/or Resolute PB expert? Do you have a passion for detailed work that helps support a positive patient experience? If so, we would like to connect about an opportunity we think may be a great fit for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as revenue cycle liaison between Service Line Areas, Coding, HIM, ADT, CM, Contracting, Finance, and Revenue Cycle Leadership.
- Responsible to advise and assist with revenue operations as they relate to Epic build decisions, in-depth analysis of denials, complex appeals, audits, credits, cash, coding, workflows, data collection, report details, claims and remittance set up, logic and processing and applicable technical issues.
- Analyzes outstanding accounts receivable and credits and ensures that these are maintained at the levels expected by Revenue Cycle Leadership.
- Responsible for appealing and defending claims denials, adverse audit results, and sanctions.
- Analysis, track and trend daily, weekly, and monthly denials by payer using denial reporting tools. Maintain a system of reporting that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of clinical appeals, audits, and compliance issues to Revenue Cycle Leadership. Develops and distributes weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports needed by Revenue Cycle Leadership and Finance.
- Provides in depth knowledge and determines best Epic system build options and functionality that will help improve revenue cycle operational workflows and system usage and understand the choices involved in application configuration; collects and reports information to Revenue Cycle Leadership regarding potential system enhancement needs and system breaks/fix issues.
- Analyzes work queues and other system reports and identifies denial/non-payment trends, reports and provides recommendations to the Revenue Cycle Leadership.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of EDI claims and remittances, payer billing requirements and policies, regulatory changes in the healthcare environment. Keeps abreast of all payers and payer level professional and/or hospital coding, billing and reimbursement rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Participates in complex projects related to denial initiatives and complex investigations into allegations of billing fraud or abuse, as necessary. Provides support for projects in which Senior Leadership is involved.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that LHS is coding, billing and documenting completely and accurately and are in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Proactively identifies problems or opportunities for improvements related to clinical orders and/or clinical documentation and makes recommendations to management and/or the perspective departments with high volume/high dollar values.
- Develop, trend, and report monthly and annual statistical reporting dashboard to coincide with departmental and organizational KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
- Representation at scheduled meetings with assigned payers and provider representatives to address all outstanding claims processing issues. Maintain an ongoing issues tracker for each payer in order to communicate and trend all issues and communicate with contracting any and all contracting related problems.
- Associates Degree preferably in the business or finance field
- In the absence of an Associate’s Degree, an additional 4 years of healthcare revenue cycle experience above the five identified below are required.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Epic proficiency or certification in Resolute HB and/or Resolute PB desired
- Requires minimum 2 years of healthcare revenue cycle experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Comprehensive working knowledge of medical/hospital billing practices, billing software, health care insurance, and CMS regulations
• Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding principles.
• Knowledge of Epic or related hospital ADT/Billing software.
• Thoroughly proficient in data entry using a pc and a variety of electronic systems.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and make sound recommendations.
• Capacity to analyze and think creatively and weigh alternatives.
• Perception of people and an awareness to deal with conflict successfully and attain resolution
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrates skills with multitasking
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of excel documents
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area and other large cities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.