Shipping Clerk needed for a renowned medical research firm in Seattle
Job ID: 19458
Pay Rate: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
Location: Seattle, WA (On-site)
Employment Type: Contract to hire, full-time 40 hours per week, M-F 4:00am-12:30pm
Specialized supplies are vital to the patient care and research happening within this large medical facility. As the Shipping Clerk, your role is crucial to managing and maintaining the constant influx of shipping, receiving, issuing and delivering these supplies. You are the bridge between the medical professional and the care that patients receive!
With world-class scientists engaged in extensive research for novel treatments and cures, our downtown Seattle-based client has become one of the world’s leaders in cancer and disease research. This independent, non-profit research center is not just saving lives locally, but the research done here saves lives on a monumental, global scale.
- Processing incoming and outgoing items as necessary and within the guidelines of the department and the Clinic.
- On a daily basis covers various positions within Materials Management as business and staffing dictates. This includes but is not limited to manual and clerical duties related to Forms, Linen, various inventory tech routes/duties, storeroom functions and shipping/receiving duties.
- Assists and trains new employees in areas operations.
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Either one year of storeroom inventory control experience or one year of shipping/receiving/distribution experience with knowledge of computerized or automated systems
- Knowledge of computerized or automated systems operations
- Working knowledge of safety practices
- Must be able to push/pull cart with 400lb load, lift 50lb’s using proper techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- AA in Materials Management or Distribution/Supply Chain
- Knowledge of record keeping practices
- General knowledge of distribution and supply chain activities
- Knowledge of and experience with operating manual and automatic devices such as hand trucks and forklifts
**In compliance with the Department of Health and hospital regulations, you will be required to have the following:
• COVID-19 vaccination & proof of vaccination
• N95 or CDC approved mask (you will be required to wear a mask over your mouth and nose for the entirety of your shift, other PPE will be available for use onsite).
Parker Staffing offers all levels of Administrative, Customer Service, Call Center, Sales, and Human Resources job opportunities throughout the Nation. Parker Staffing has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over four decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerstaffing.com to review our full offering of temp, temp-to-hire, and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.